Overview of the role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Development Hub in Athens. We are collaborating with a market-defining, early-stage, international startup company in Palo Alto, that specializes in security in the software supply chain. Our ambition is to help create the most comprehensive software supply chain security platform.
The mission is to make software engineering a robust process that will empower developers, increase productivity, and solve tons of security issues in the process.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, driven and inquisitive software engineer, who is interested in helping to define and build a product and culture at an early-stage company. So if the list below matches your background, send us the CV.
We would like to talk to you!
- You have the ability to build and design technical solutions from scratch, and your code and documentation can be used as the example for coding best practices.
- Code primarily in Golang and/or Python and have a big enthusiasm to learn from others.
- Scalable Distributed System Experience – understand microservices and domain driven design, load balancing, horizontal/vertical scaling and stateless architectures.
- Practical experience in designing APIs with at least one or more frameworks (gRPC, ReST, GraphQL, Thrift etc.).
- Architecture—knowledge of data structures and a keen eye for building architectures that scale and extend easily for longevity. Apply data driven techniques to evaluate and propose architectural choices. Ability to discuss tradeoffs between architecture’s choice to influence groups to move to the right direction.
- Able to enjoy working in a fast-moving environment with evolving requirements.
- Comfortable working in uncharted territory that requires creative thinking and trial and error in order to make progress.
Nice to Have:
- Strong understanding of secure software design principles and dealing with certificates, OAuth2/OIDC and secure changes.
- Prior experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Lambda functions or other cloud native technologies.
- Practical experience in troubleshooting distributed systems and ability to solve root cause.
- Experience in security, fraud, and anomaly detection use cases.
- Competitive remuneration package
- We offer both work from the office & remote working options
- Lab-like, collaborative, and engaging environment
- Continuous learning
- Career growth opportunities
- International working environment
- Work-life balance
- Private health insurance
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Programize is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Programize collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are bound to use the information provided within your job application for recruitment purposes only and not to share these with any unauthorized third parties and all applications will be treated as strictly confidential.